• R-LIPOIC ACID contains 50 mg of potassium stabilized R-Alpha Lipoic acid (KRALA). The R-Lipoic acid in this product is of the highest quality available and is contained in a vegetarian capsule.
• R-Alpha Lipoic acid is normally made in the human body, where it functions primarily as an important metabolic nutrient -- especially in the conversion of pyruvic acid into acetyl coenzyme A. It thereby plays a crucial role in the metabolism of fats and carbohydrates into energy.
• R-Lipoic acid functions as an extremely powerful antioxidant capable of trapping many different types of free radicals in the body.
• Because it is both water-soluble and fat-soluble, R-Lipoic acid operates in a broader range of body tissues than most other antioxidants. Structurally, its small size enables R-Lipoic acid to enter areas of the body not easily accessible to many other antioxidant substances. This allows it, for example, to enter the cell nucleus and prevent free-radical damage to DNA.
• As a powerful antioxidant that can easily function both in reduced and oxidized states, R-Lipoic acid can protect other important antioxidants, including Vitamin C, Vitamin E, and glutathione.
• R-Lipoic acid can chelate heavy metals, including lead, cadmium, mercury, free iron, and free copper from the body.
• R-Lipoic acid is one of two nutrients known (milk thistle extract being the other) to protect against mushroom poisoning.
• Due to its potent capabilities, R-Lipoic acid is used for a wide range of applications, including diabetes, cataracts, AIDS, Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease, detoxification, neurological function, cancer, heart disease, and liver disorders.
These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.