HEPA PLUS is a unique, synergistic liver protection and detoxification formula. It provides effective nutrients offering superior natural support for liver health.
HEPA PLUS contains milk thistle (Silybum marianum) extract standardized to greater than 80 percent silymarin, dandelion root extract, alpha lipoic acid, n-acetyl-l-cysteine (NAC), Vitamin B1 as thiamin diphosphate (cocarboxylase), ornithine alpha-ketoglutarate, glycine, l-taurine, molybdenum and selenium.
- Extensive research has shown that silymarin (the major component of milk thistle extract) exerts both a protective and a restorative effect on the liver, and can stimulate the growth of new liver cells.
- Studies have shown that dandelion root enhances the flow of bile, improving such conditions as liver congestion, bile duct inflammation, hepatitis, gallstones, and jaundice.
- Alpha lipoic acid is an important nutrient that enhances metabolism, acts as both a water soluble and fat soluble antioxidant.
- Thiamin diphosphate (also known as cocarboxylase) is a coenzyme form of Vitamin B1 and is especially helpful in those with impaired liver function.
- NAC is an effective nutrient for increasing liver concentrations of glutathione an extremely important antioxidant in the liver.
- Glycine and l-taurine play important roles in the phase II liver detoxification pathways. Ornithine plays a key role in the urea cycle and allows the liver to eliminate the buildup of toxic levels of ammonia.
- Molybdenum and selenium are essential minerals in the synthesis of enzymes which support liver detoxification.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.