• PHYTOESTROGEN PLUS contains plant source ingredients with known phytoestrogen activity, including black cohosh, chaste berry, dong quai, red clover, and soy isoflavones. All these plant source ingredients are in the form of standardized extracts in order to guarantee potency. The ingredients are contained in a preservative-free gelatin capsule.
• Phytoestrogen Plus also contains gamma oryzanol (a substance derived from rice bran that has the proven ability to reduce hot flashes) and Vitamin E, providing a broader range of nutrients that can support body function.
• Phytoestrogens are a group of compounds found in plants that influence estrogenic activity in the body. They either can act as weak estrogens or provide precursors for substances that affect estrogen activity. Phytoestrogens can bind to estrogen receptors in the body and exert either pro-estrogenic effects or anti-estrogenic effects on the target tissues.
• How phytoestrogens affect bodily tissues partly depends on how much estrogen the body is already producing (or retaining) and partly on the degree to which receptor sites are saturated. When estrogen levels are low (as in menopause) empty estrogen receptor sites can be filled with phytoestrogens that can exert a weak pro-estrogenic effect. When estrogen levels are high (as in some women who suffer from PMS and endometriosis) phytoestrogens can compete with the body's own estrogen for binding to the receptors.
• Phytoestrogen Plus should be used primarily to support women's health during perimenopause and menopause, and also may be helpful for women experiencing PMS symptoms.
These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.