VITAMIN B12 | Methylcobalamin
Coenzyme Vitamin B12 Best Utilized in the Body
High Potency 5 mg Sublingual Tablet for Rapid Uptake and Assimilation
Flavored with Acerola Berry, Mannitol, and Stevia
HPDI VITAMIN B12 is an effective, rapidly absorbed Vitamin B12 methylcobalamin formula, a natural coenzyme form of Vitamin B12. Vitamin B12 is an important B complex vitamin needed for human health. It plays many important roles in the body and provides a wide range of benefits that are further enhanced when taken in coenzyme form.
HPDI Vitamin B12 provides 5 mg of methylcobalamin in a fruity-tasting sublingual tablet. The small tablet is designed to disintegrate within 2–3 minutes, allowing Vitamin B12 rapidly to enter the body through the large pores under the tongue. Vitamin B12 also contains microcrystalline cellulose, mannitol (a natural sweetener and powerful antioxidant), acerola berry extract (providing a pleasant flavor and bioflavonoids), and small amounts of Stevia rebaudiana (herbal sweetener) and raspberry fruit (taste enhancer).
Vitamin B12 is naturally found in a variety of food sources, most notably meats, eggs, certain sea vegetables and freshwater algae, as well as in nutritional yeast and yeast extracts. However, modern diets do not always provide sufficient quanities of it, or ideal forms, for optimal health.
BENEFITS AND FEATURES OF HPDI VITAMIN B12
- SUPERIOR METHYLCOBALAMIN FORM. Coenzyme methylcobalamin is the preferred form for optimal uptake, assimilation, and use in the body. Can be used by the body without extra metabolic conversions required by other forms.
- RAPID ASSIMILATION. Small, easy-to-assimilate sublingual tablet provides 5 mg of methylcobalamin. Simply hold under your tongue for 2–3 minutes until dissolved. Plus, the Acerola cherry flavor tastes great!!
- SUPPORTS SYNTHESIS AND FUNCTION OF NERVE TISSUE. Nerve tissues such as Myelin benefit from methylcobalamin. Helps to rebuild, restore, repair, maintain, and heal important nerve tissues.
- BOOSTS METABOLISM OF CARBOHYDRATES, FATS, AND PROTEINS. Participates in energy producing pathways.
- AIDS IN CONTROL OF PERNICIOUS ANEMIA and formation of red blood cells.
- USEFUL IN PROTOCOLS FOR ASTHMA AND SULFITE SENSITIVITY. Also helpful in detoxification of brain tissue, helpful with mental dysfunction (especially in the elderly. See below).
- MOST EFFECTIVE AS PART OF A COMPLETE NUTRITIONAL SUPPLEMENT PROGRAM. A complete foundational supplement program begins with a multivitamin, essential fats, and a vitamin C formula. Additional supplements may then be added depending on individual needs. The effectiveness of Vitamin B12 significantly may be improved by a foundational nutritional supplement program.
NUTRITIONAL CONSIDERATIONS AND APPLICATIONS
Vitamin B12 is effective for use as an adjunct in a wide range of health protocols:
- Improving and/or eliminating pernicious anemia
- Improving symptoms of celiac disease
- Reduction of homocysteine levels (used in conjunction with folate and Vitamin B6)
- Improvement of mental dysfunction in the elderly
- Useful in protocols for asthma and sulfite sensitivity
- Proven beneficial for symptoms of depression (i.e., supporting the production of serotonin and melatonin)
- Prevention and improvement of peripheral nerve damage in certain health conditions. These conditions include diabetes, multiple sclerosis, and those caused by chemotherapy (daily dosages up to 60 mg may be needed). It is also effectively used as an adjunct in protocols for various neuropathies, including peripheral neuropathy and diabetic neuropathy.
- Detoxification, especially of protocols for detoxification of brain tissue
- Helpful adjunct in treatments for tinnitis
- Supportive treatment in AIDS
- Useful adjunct in treatments for low sperm counts
- In addition to absorption in the human intestine by active transport with intrinsic factor, methylcobalamin is absorbed by the process of passive diffusion at a rate of 1–2% of the ingested amount
IMPORTANT FEATURES OF VITAMIN B12
Vitamin B12 is involved in numerous important body functions and exhibits the following modes of action:
- Red blood cell formation and control of pernicious anemia
- Synthesis and function of nerve tissues, such as myelin
- Metabolism of carbohydrates, fats, and proteins. Vitamin B12 is necessary for the conversion of methylmalonate to succinic acid, an important Krebs cycle intermediate in energy production
- Synthesis or transfer of single carbon units., e.g., allowing the interconversion of serine and glycine and the conversion of homocysteine to methionine.
- Serving as a coenzyme in the biosynthesis of methyl groups
- Involvement in reactions that convert disulfides (S-S) to the important sulfhydryl group (S-H)
- Methylcobalamin is one of two coenzyme forms of Vitamin B12 (along with adenosylcobalamin) and can be used directly by the body without metabolic conversion
- Many other functions
COMPOSITION: One tablet provides the following percentage of the US Daily Value:
|NUTRIENT||AMOUNT||% Daily Value|
|Vitamin B12 (Methylcobalamin)||5 mg||83,250|
As a dietary supplement take one tablet daily away from food, or as directed by a health care professional. Hold tablet under tongue for 2–3 minutes or until it is completely dissolved.
VITAMIN B12 contains only the highest-quality microcrystalline cellulose, mannitol, acerola berry extract, methylcobalamin, Stevia rebaudiana extract, raspberry fruit powder, and magnesium stearate.
VITAMIN B12 does not contain wheat, rye, oats, corn, barley, gluten, soy, egg, dairy, yeast, sucrose, fructose, sorbitol, wax, preservatives, colorings, or artificial flavorings.
These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.