An Advanced Vitamin C
Superior Free-Radical Protection
PRO-C™ is an advanced, synergistic Vitamin C plus antioxidant formula, but it's much more than just traditional Vitamin C. Pro-C uses a high-tech formula that combines rapidly assimilable forms of Vitamin C (mineral ascorbates) with powerful antioxidants, minerals, cofactors, and herbal nutrients. Trust us, this is not your mother's vitamin C!
A single capsule of PRO-C contains 500 mg (833% RDA) of buffered non-GMO Vitamin C (in the form of powdered calcium, magnesium, and zinc ascorbates), as well as high-potency Grape Extract (from grape pulp, skins, and seeds), green tea extract, reduced glutathione, n-acetyl-l-cysteine (NAC), r-lipoic acid, coenzyme forms of Vitamin B2 and Vitamin B6, and selenium.
HPDI has been at the forefront of designing cutting edge antioxidant formulas for more than two decades, and PRO-C is a flagship product that incorporates the latest nutritional research. PRO-C remains one of the world's most effective antioxidant formulas.
PRO-C™ PROVIDES THESE UNIQUE BENEFITS:
- HIGHLY EFFECTIVE VITAMIN C FORMULA PLUS ANTIOXIDANTS. A Complete Vitamin C Formula and a Powerful Antioxidant Formula Combined in a Single Supplement!
- POWERFUL, SYNERGISTIC FREE-RADICAL QUENCHING FORMULA. PRO-C Components Work Together To Quench Free Radicals in Your Body. Vitamin C Enables Grape Seed Extract to Function More Effectively, and Conversely Grape Seed Extract Potentiates Vitamin C. Green Tea Extract Boosts ORAC (Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity) Value. Read More Below.
- POWERFUL, NRF2 ACTIVATOR. PRO-C Components of Grape Extract, Green Tea Extract, R-Lipoic Acid, and NAC are all well known Nrf2 activators. These Nrf2 activators are able to stimulate the body's endogenous production of enzymes such as superoxidedismutase, glutathione peroxidase, catalase, and hemeoxygenase.
- SUPERIOR, BUFFERED (NON-ACIDIC) FORM OF VITAMIN C. Mineral Ascorbates Never Acidify Your Body, Keeping You pH Balanced. Staying Alkaline Is An Important Element in Maintaining a Healthy Body.
- RAPID ASSIMILATION. Unique Capsule Form Ensures Rapid Uptake and Assimilation in the Body. You May Also Empty Capsule Contents into Water, Food, or Directly Into Your Mouth, If Desired. Mildly Tart Taste!
- FOUNDATIONAL FORMULA. PRO-C is outststanding by itself! It is also suggested asa part of our foundational supplement program. PRO-C™ works most effectively with other foundational formulas, including 1) a multivitamin (such as Multi Two or Mighty Multi-Vite!), 2) an essential fatty acid supplement (like Omega Plus or Essential Fats Plus E), and 3) Rejuvenate!™ superfoods. These together form the basis of a foundational nutritional supplement program that is the core of a complete nutritional supplement program. From here, you can add additional supplements (enhancements and specific condition formulas) addressing your individual needs.
ADDITIONAL FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- PRO-C™ contains buffered non-GMO Vitamin C (in the form of powdered calcium, magnesium, and zinc ascorbates), high-potency Grape Extract (from grape pulp, skins, and seeds), Green Tea Extract, reduced Glutathione, N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine (NAC), R-Lipoic Acid, coenzyme forms of Vitamin B2 and Vitamin B6, and Selenium.
- Grape Extract and Green Tea Extract both contain highly bioavailable bioflavonoid complexes that in research studies have been shown to have powerful antioxidant capability. The Oligomeric Proanthocyanidins (OPCs) in grape extract are able to strengthen collagen fibers in aging or damaged connective tissue and can act as a preventative against connective tissue degradation. Some research indicates that anthocyanidins, which are found in extracts of grape seed, skin, and stems (but not in grape seed extract), can reduce oxidized glutathione while at the same time become reduced themselves. In addition, extracts of grape skin and pulp (but not those of grape seed extract) contain a material called trans-resveratrol that has been shown to have cell protective effects. Green tea extract is obtained from the unfermented leaves of Camellia sinensis for which numerous biological activities have been reported including: cell protective, antimicrobial, and antioxidant.
- Glutathione and NAC (a major precursor of glutathione) both provide important protection against toxins and free radicals, and can strengthen the immune system. Glutathione is considered to be one of the most important protective substances in the human body with almost 60% of liver detoxification accounted for by this key substance. In addition, glutathione is one of the most potent anti-microbial substances known. Some research has indicated that glutathione may not be able to enter easily into certain types of cells, but NAC is able to enter these cells and be converted into glutathione once inside the cell. Thus, the combination of glutathione and NAC appear to be more potent than either alone.
- R-Lipoic Acid is normally made at low levels in the human body, where it functions primarily as an important metabolic nutrient in the conversion of pyruvic acid into acetyl coenzyme A. As such, it plays a crucial role in the metabolism of both fats and carbohydrates into energy. In addition, r-lipoic acid functions as an extremely powerful antioxidant capable of trapping many different types of free radicals in the body. Because it is both water and fat soluble, lipoic acid is able to operate in a broader range of body tissues than most other antioxidants. Its small size allows lipoic acid to enter areas of the body not easily accessible to many other substances; this allows lipoic acid, for example, to enter the cell nucleus and prevent free-radical damage to DNA. Because it is such a powerful antioxidant and can easily function as such in both a reduced and oxidized state, lipoic acid is able to protect other important antioxidants such as glutathione, Vitamin E, and Vitamin C. R-Lipoic acid is also able to remove from the body heavy metals such as lead, cadmium, mercury, free iron, and free copper.
- Selenium has been shown by clinical research to be a key mineral in the body's defenses against free radicals and has been shown to be a major factor in reducing the causes of infections. Selenium is used in conjunction with glutathione to form the powerful enzyme glutathione peroxidase that is responsible for detoxification of peroxides formed during the process of aerobic metabolism in humans and other animals.
- Vitamin B2 and Vitamin B6 are key vitamins that support the regeneration of glutathione and the ability of glutathione to combine with toxic substances in the process of eliminating them from the body. They are especially effective in their coenzyme form so they may be directly utilized by the body starting in the intestinal tract.
- Magnesium, Zinc, and Calcium synergistically work with (and enhance the effects of) the other ingredients in PRO-C.
- All ingredients are contained in a vegetarian capsule, which boosts assimilation (i.e., compared to tablets). Capsule may be opened and emptied into liquids, foods, or directly into mouth. Capsule contents are generally good tasting (ie., for most people) and therefore may be used in water, smoothies, Rejuvenate!™ drinks, and other liquids and liquid foods.
- An exceptional formula providing optimal levels of Vitamin C and antioxidant nutrients, PRO-C™ thereby is an ideal component, i.e., a foundational or core formula, upon which you can build a complete nutritional supplement program. A high-quality Vitamin C antioxidant formula like PRO-C is an important part of a complete nutritional support program, along with a multivitamin, an essential fatty acid formula, and Rejuvenate!™ superfoods. For ideas for creating a supplement program suited to your individual requirements, see our Master Rejuvenation Program.
NUTRITIONAL CONSIDERATIONS AND APPLICATIONS
PRO-C™ is a synergistic antioxidant formula, especially in so far as it increases the body's ability to quench free radicals in its aqueous (i.e., water-based) compartments. Because antioxidants may become free radicals themselves after they have done their job, the body has developed an elaborate system for recovery of oxidized antioxidants. For example, reduced glutathione has the ability to reduce oxidized Vitamin C back to its unoxidized state. Vitamin C reduces oxidized Vitamin E back to its unoxidized state, and both reduces glutathione and spares it for other important functions, including detoxification and immune enhancement.
Many polyphenols (e.g., oligomeric proanthocyanidins (OPCs), anthocyanidins and catechins) found in red grape and green tea extracts spare Vitamin C and glutathione in the body, as well as operate as powerful antioxidants and connective tissue strengtheners. R-Lipoic Acid operates as an antioxidant both in its oxidized and reduced states, reduces the oxidized forms of both Vitamin E and Vitamin C, and enhances glutathione levels. Because several of these substances are able to protect Vitamin E contained in cell membranes, this combination also has a significant beneficial effect on the fat soluble antioxidant status of the body!
The nutrients in PRO-C™ have been carefully selected and balanced to provide optimal effects, especially as related to free radical protection, detoxification, immune system enhancement, and connective tissue strengthening. PRO-C™ therefore provides outstanding nutritional support in a wide variety of conditions, as well as acts to support and maintain a state of health and well-being.
COMPOSITION: One capsule provides the following percentages of the Daily Value:
|NUTRIENT||AMOUNT||% Daily Value|
|Vitamin C (from mineral ascorbates)||500 mg||833%|
|BioVin® Grape Extract (>95% OPC)||30 mg||*|
|Green Tea Extract (>95% polyphenols)||30 mg||*|
|Calcium (from calcium ascorbate)||23 mg||2.3%|
|Magnesium (from magnesium ascorbate)||23 mg||5.7%|
|Glutathione (reduced)||20 mg||*|
|N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine (NAC)||15 mg||*|
|R-Lipoic Acid||5 mg||*|
|Zinc (from zinc ascorbate)||2 mg||13%|
|Vitamin B2 (from riboflavin-5'-phosphate)||1 mg||118%|
|Vitamin B6 (from pyridoxal-5'-phosphate)||1 mg||50%|
|Selenium (from l-selenomethionine)||10 mcg||*|
* No established Daily Value
DIRECTIONS: As a dietary supplement take 1–3 capsules daily in divided doses (i.e., spread out over the day), or as recommended by a health care professional. It initially may be useful to take up to 6 capsules per day in divided doses for one week. The contents of the capsule may be emptied into juice or food, as needed.
INGREDIENTS: PRO-C™ contains only the highest-quality non-GMO magnesium ascorbate, non-GMO calcium ascorbate, BioVin® grape extract (greater than 95% OPC and greater than 3.5% anthocyanidins (from grape pulp, skins, and seeds), green tea extract (95% min. polyphenols and 45% min. EGCG), glutathione (reduced), n-acetyl-l-cysteine, non-GMO zinc ascorbate, r-(+)-lipoic acid, riboflavin-5'-phosphate, pyridoxal-5'-phosphate, l-selenomethionine, the smallest amounts of cellulose, silica, and magnesium silicate in a veggie capsule.
PRO-C™ does not contain wheat, rye, oats, corn, barley, gluten, soy, egg, dairy, yeast, GMOs, sugar, sulfates, phosphates (other than coenzyme forms), fats, chlorides, wax, preservatives, colorings, or artificial flavorings.
These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.