• COQ10 PLUS contains of 100 mg of coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10) in a preservative-free softgel capsule. It also includes 100 IU of Vitamin E as low-alpha mixed tocopherols, 2,334 IU of Vitamin A from beta-carotene, and rice bran oil for enhanced absorption.
• The primary function of coenzyme Q10 in the body is to allow the mitochondria to convert food metabolites from the digestive process into energy for the cell. This enzyme is normally produced by the body and is found in all of the body's cells, being most abundant in the cells of the heart, liver, and the immune system.
• CoQ10 is an important fat-soluble antioxidant having the ability to protect and regenerate Vitamin E in cell membranes. CoQ10 also has been shown to stimulate the body's immune defenses.
• Studies show that when essential levels of CoQ10 are allowed to decline, and the body's vital organs and systems cannot meet their energy requirements, the inevitable results are major ill health and disease states. Advancing age causes the body gradually to lose its innate ability to produce CoQ10. Improper nutrition and/or maldigestion also can reduce the body's ability to provide the needed amounts of CoQ10.
• Dosages in the range of 50–300 mg have been reported to be effective in cases of heart disease, fatigue, and immune deficiency. Numerous studies have indicated that supplemental coQ10 in the amounts of 30–100 mg can be helpful when gums need to be strengthened. No toxicity has been noted at levels many times greater than these amounts. In a recent independent study, the combination of ingredients in COQ10 PLUS has been shown to provide about 50% higher long-term coenzyme Q10 blood levels than the powdered form of CoQ10.
These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.