• DIGASE™ contains a full spectrum of digestive enzymes: proteases (optimized for pHs of 3.0, 4.5, and 6.0), peptidase, lipase, and carbohydrases, including amylase, glucoamylase, invertase (sucrase), maltase, alpha-galactosidase, lactase, phytase, cellulase, and hemicellulase.
• CereCalase™ is included to break down phytic acid, a substance that can prevent proper absorbtion of minerals in the diet. Digase™ also contains the digestion-stimulating herbs ginger root, gentian root, and caraway seed. All enzymes are extracted from plant sources.
• Food enzymes play an important role in digestion by predigesting food in the upper stomach before any hydrochloric acid is secreted. Supplementation of food enzymes is recommended in today's society due to the prevalence of cooked and processed foods.
• Food enzymes are essentially destroyed at 118° Fahrenheit. Modern methods of preparation leave many foods devoid of digestive enzyme activity, placing greater digestive burdens on the body. The digestive system can become overstressed and vital nutrients may not be released from food for assimilation. Digase™ contains recommended amounts of food enzymes and provides as much as 80% of the digestive power required for a typical meal.
• The formula operates over the pH range (from 3.0 to 9.0), eliminating the need for enteric coatings. A small amount of added calcium ions ensures that all enzymes are optimally effective. Digase™ is contained in a gelatin capsule with no added stearic acid lubricant.
These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.