• HANK & BRIAN'S™ ESSENTIAL FATS PLUS E contains eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) (important essential omega-3 fatty acids), gamma linolenic acid (GLA) (an important essential omega-6 fatty acid), mixed tocotrienols and tocopherols (Vitamin E), and astaxanthin.
• The EPA and DHA are in the form of triglycerides derived from marine lipids (using patented flash molecular distillation) and the GLA is from cold-pressed borage seed oil. The mixed tocotrienols and tocopherols derive from rice bran, and are included in the softgel capsules for antioxidant protection of the polyunsaturated oils.
• Omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids are known to play important roles in the formation of prostaglandins. The prostaglandins are important cellular regulators controlling inflammatory processes and pain in the body.
• Fish oils may be useful adjuncts in protocols for cardiovascular disease, hypertension, arthritis and inflammatory disorders, psoriasis and skin problems, diabetes mellitus, depression, and kidney disease.
• GLA may be a useful adjunct in protocols for multiple sclerosis and arthritis. Research indicates that in a balanced formula there are synergistic effects between EPA, DHA, and GLA. For example, it is known that EPA inhibits the conversion of GLA into pro-inflammatory (and pain-causing) arachidonic acid.
• Because these fatty acids have many double bonds that are prone to oxidation, Vitamin E is included in the forms of mixed tocotrienols and tocopherols. In addition, these forms of Vitamin E have been shown to reduce arterial plaques and enhance blood flow, inhibit thromboxane and platelet aggregation, protect serum lipids from oxidation (including LDL and HDL), reduce carotid stenosis (narrowing) and prevent stroke, trap harmful nitrogenous radicals, act as anti-proliferative agents, and provide powerful oxidative defense for the skin.
• Astaxanthin is a potent antioxidant and anti-inflammatory nutrient derived from the algae Haematococcus pluvialis.
• Every batch of fish oil is tested and guaranteed to contain insignificant levels of heavy metals, PCBs, pesticides, and other organic chemical contaminants.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.