Blood Sugar Support (Formerly DIABETES SUPPORT FORMULA) is a synergistic formula containing Gymnema sylvestre standardized extract, Pterocarpus marsupium standardized extract, bitter melon extract, alpha-lipoic acid, grape extract, magnesium, Vitamin B-6, Vitamin B-1, Vitamin A, zinc, manganese, biotin, vanadium, chromium, copper, and Bioperine®.
- Blood Sugar Support Formula is contained in a gelatin capsule and contains no dicalcium phosphate or magnesium stearate.
- Gymnema sylvestre extracts have shown positive clinical results in both Type I and Type II diabetes. Gymnema sylvestre extracts regenerate insulin-producing beta cells in the pancreas. Thereby they reduce insulin requirements and fasting blood glucose, and improve blood sugar control.
- Pterocarpus marsupium demonstrates cell protective and regenerative properties, as well as blood glucose lowering activity. Studies show that Pterocarpus marsupium reverses damage to beta cells and works to restore normal insulin secretion. It also has an insulin-like activity that is completely separate from the stimulation of insulin production from the repair of beta cells.
- Bitter Melon (Momordica charantia) contains several components with confirmed anti-diabetic properties. Charantin is a hypoglycemic agent composed of mixed steroids that has insulin-like properties similar to oral hypoglycemic drugs. Oral administration of bitter melon extracts have shown good results in clinical trials with Type II diabetes patients.
- Alpha-Lipoic acid functions as a coenzyme in the body's processes that convert blood sugar into energy and has been used at high levels (>100 mg) with diabetics to control blood sugar levels. Alpha-lipoic acid also reduces the protein damage caused by high blood sugar due both to its antiglycation action and its powerful antioxidant properties.
- Biovin® grape extract strengthens connective tissues (e.g., blood vessels). It is an a powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory.
- Magnesium plays a critical role in cellular energy production and utilization and has been shown to be deficient in diabetics.
- Vitamin B-6 offers significant protection against the development of diabetic nerve disease, inhibits the glycoslyation of proteins, and works synergistically with magnesium.
- Vitamin B-1 plays a key role in the conversion of blood sugar into energy.
- Biotin is an important cofactor in the conversion of glucose into energy and at higher levels has resulted in the significant lowering of fasting blood sugar levels.
- Zinc is involved in virtually all aspects of insulin metabolism: syntheses, secretion, and utilization, and has a protective effect against beta-cell destruction.
- Manganese is a cofactor in many enzyme systems involved in blood sugar control and energy metabolism.
- Studies have found that when people with diabetes were given vanadium, they developed an increase in insulin sensitivity and could decrease their insulin requirements.
- Chromium is needed to make glucose tolerance factor, which improves insulin function.
- Copper appears to offer some help against diabetes and may also improve wound healing.
- Vitamin A is needed for eye support and therefore may help to control secondary complications of diabetes.
- Bioperine® is a black pepper extract that has been shown to enhance the absorption of nutrients by 30-60% thereby increasing uptake of the nutrients in this formula.
- Blood Sugar Support will be most effective when taken in conjunction with other core supplements supporting metabolism, including Mighty Multi-Vite!, Super E Plus Absolutely Essential Fatty Acids, Complete E, and PRO-C.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.