HPDI VITAMIN B12 is an effective, rapidly absorbed Vitamin B12 formula providing the superior methylcobalamin form, a natural coenzyme form of Vitamin B12. Vitamin B12 is an important B complex vitamin needed for human health. It plays many important roles in the body and provides a wide range of benefits (especially when taken in coenzyme form).
VITAMIN B12 contains 5 mg of methylcobalamin in a sublingual tablet. The small tablet is designed to disintegrate within 2-3 minutes, thereby allowing Vitamin B12 rapidly to enter the body through the large pores under the tongue. The formula also contains microcrystalline cellulose, mannitol (a natural sweetener and powerful antioxidant), acerola berry extract (providing a pleasant flavor and bioflavonoids), magnesium stearate, and a small amount of Stevia rebaudiana (herbal sweetener).
- Vitamin B12 is involved in numerous important body functions, including red blood cell formation and control of pernicious anemia; synthesis and function of nerve tissue, such as myelin; metabolism of carbohydrates, fats, and proteins (for example, Vitamin B12 is necessary for the conversion of methylmalonate to succinic acid, an important Krebs cycle intermediate in energy production).
- Vitamin B12 also is involved in the synthesis or transfer of single carbon units (e.g., allowing the interconversion of serine and glycine and the conversion of homocysteine to methionine); and serves as a coenzyme in the biosynthesis of methyl groups.
- Methylcobalamin is one of two coenzyme forms of B12 (along with adenosylcobalamin) and can be used directly by the body without metabolic conversion.
- Applications of methylcobalamin include eliminating pernicious anemia; treatment of sprue; reduction of homocysteine (used in conjunction with folate and Vitamin B6); improvement of mental dysfunction in the elderly; treatment of asthma and sulfite sensitivity; treatment of depression (i.e., supporting the production of serotonin and melatonin).
- Other applications of methylcobalamin include prevention and reversal of peripheral nerve damage in conditions including diabetes, multiple sclerosis, and those caused by chemotherapy (daily dosages up to 60 mg may be needed); detoxification, especially of brain tissue; treatment of tinnitus; supportive treatment in AIDS; and treatment of low sperm counts.
- In addition to absorption in the human intestine by active transport with intrinsic factor, methylcobalamin is absorbed by the process of passive diffusion at a rate of 1–2% of the ingested amount.
COMPOSITION: One tablet provides the following percentage of the US Daily Value:
|NUTRIENT||AMOUNT||% Daily Value|
|Vitamin B12 (Methylcobalamin)||5 mg||83,250|
DIRECTIONS: As a dietary supplement take one tablet daily away from food, or as directed by a health care professional. Hold tablet under tongue for 2–3 minutes or until it is completely dissolved.
INGREDIENTS: VITAMIN B12 contains only the highest-quality microcrystalline cellulose, mannitol, acerola berry extract, methylcobalamin, Stevia rebaudiana extract, raspberry fruit powder, and magnesium stearate.
VITAMIN B12 does not contain wheat, rye, oats, corn, barley, gluten, soy, egg, dairy, yeast, sucrose, fructose, sorbitol, wax, preservatives, colorings, or artificial flavorings.
These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.